Brandon Harris: Who are you as a person, outside of music?
Decent: As A Person I'm David Angel Cerda Your Average
Teenage Artist That Was Raised By Great Parents But Witnessed And Have Had
Little Experience With The Gang Related Scenes Along With The Drug And Alcohol
Related Scenes. I Started Rapping At 8 Years Old, March 15 Is When I Wrote My
First Song.
Brandon Harris: What
has been the best part so far of being a rap artist?
Decent: The Best Part So Far About Being A Performer Would
Have To Be The Love From The Crowd, Rocking The Mic Has Always Gave Me Chills
And Excitement Due To The Fact That Your Past, Present, And Future, Doesn't
Matter When Your On Stage It Is Therapeutic Actually And Relieves A Bunch Of
Stress.
Brandon Harris: What are the goals you have set for
yourself in 2014?
Decent: The Goals I Have Set For Myself Is To Step Up My
Lyricism And Flow Along With My Stage Performance. I Always Try To Improve And
Perfect Myself Musically In Order To Give The Fans What They Deserve Which Is
Good Music. Also A Long Term Goal Of Mine Is To Be A XXL Freshman In The
Upcoming Years Along With Being Signed With Either Def Jam, Roc Nation, Or Even
Bad Boy
Brandon Harris: How long does it take to prepare a song for
release?
Decent: It Usually Takes A While To Prepare To Release A
Song Depending On Who My Studio Session Is With Like I Said I'm A Teenager, 16,
At That And I Have To Fit The Studio In My Schedule Along With Work And School.
There Are Good Days And Bad Days When It Comes To Releasing A Song.
Brandon Harris: What was the fist cd you ever owned?
Decent: The First CD I Ever Owned Was Honestly An RZA CD
And Usher CD I Got Those As A Christmas Present From My Father And Mother. How
It Went Was My Mom Bought Me The Usher CD Because She Was A Huge Usher Fan And
My Dad Gave Me A Hand Me Down RZA CD And I Always Cherished Them.
Brandon Harris: What
is the rap game like now, compared to when you got into it?
Decent: The Rap Game Now In Comparison To Where I First
Started Is Actually Becoming Harder And Harder To Get Into Due To The Fact That
There Are A Bunch Of People Wanting To Rap And Calling Themselves
"Rappers" However I Think It Is Really Clear To Tell The
"Rappers" From Us Artists. I Have Spent About 9 Years Rapping And
Built A Name For Myself, I Have Invested In Myself And My Music Which Makes Me
Kind Of On Top Just Because Now And Days It's Not About Skill It's About Money
And In Order To Make Connections With Other Big Named Artists You Need To Be
About Your Money
Brandon Harris: Where do you get the themes for your music
videos?
Decent: I Haven't Really Shot A Bunch Of Music Videos But
I've Been In One And Have Shot One Only. My Experience With Music Videos Isn't
Really That Good Because There Aren't That Much People Good With Shooting Them
And Directing Them Here In The Lower Valley However If They Are Good They Over
Charge But I Am Going To Be Shooting More Music Video This Coming Summer
Possibly With These Big Named Artists The Fans Just Got To Stay Tuned.
Brandon Harris: Who was your best performance on stage
with?
Decent: Honestly All My Performances From The Past Have
Been Solo And They Were Very Good I Have Gotten A Lot Of Positive Feedback From
Fans That Were Present But March 22, 2014 At The Seasons In Yakima Valley I
Will Be Performing With Local Artists Slette From Brickz 2 Bred Ent. And Vivid
From The Revolutionized Lyricist Group. Any tour coming soon? What are your
hopes for 2014?
There Are A Couple Tours That I Have Been Invited To Join
Which Is Illest Uminati's "Illmerica Tour" And Brickz 2 Bred Ent.
"Texas Takeover Tour" I Am Still Deciding Whether Or Not To Go On
These Tours But I Am Well Aware That It Will Benefit My Career In So Many Ways
But I Am Still A Minor And Have Priorities. My Hopes For 2014 Is To Drop The EP
In The Next Couple Of Months And To Drop My Freshman Album Under The
Independent Label "Brickz 2 Bred". I'm Hoping To Build My Fan Base
Massively. I Also Have A Collab Project Coming Out With Another Artist Off Of
The Label Who Goes By Statiix. There Has Been No Set Dates Yet But It Is Slowly
But Surely.
Brandon Harris: Who
if anyone would you like to colab with?
Decent: There Is A Few People Id Like To Collab With Such
As MGK, Logic, Dizzy Wright, Tech N9ne, Kendrick Lamar, And J.Cole Mainly
Because They Are My Main Influences In This Rap Game And I Love Their Music.
Brandon Harris: What was your vision when you started?
Decent: My Vision When I Started Was To Be One Of The Best
Artists Locally Which In My Opinion I Believe I Am, Im Not Trying To Sound
Arrogant Or Cocky But The Work Behind My Career Is Proof Of My Grind, I Have
Made Songs With Mac Lucci And Neoh Of DPG, Juicy J, Trae The Truth, Chingo
Bling, And Pyrexx If That Isn't Proof Of A Steady Grind Then
What I Don't Know
What Is.
Brandon Harris: Where did you think you would be today?
Decent: Would Have Never Even Guessed That I Would Be Where
I Am At Today Career Wise It Really Surprises Me That I'm Here But Then Again
It's What I've Been Working For These Past 9 Years Of My Life
Brandon Harris: What
song of yours has the most views, hits?
Decent: The Song I Have That Has The Most Views And Hits Is
"Northwest Riders" By Slette Feat. Decent (Myself) It's Going On
7,000 Plays On YouTube Which Is Really Cool To Me I Wrote The Chorus And Second
Verse To That Song Which Came Out Really Dope. The Song Itself Is Really Catchy
I Love It.
![]() |
| Rapper Decent in 509 Magazine |
Brandon Harris: As a
performer does anyone inspire you?
Decent: As A Performer I'd Have To Say The Inspiration And
Influence Comes From Machine Gun Kelly And Strange Music Just Because They Are
The Greatest Performers Out There And Really Connect With The Crowd And Gets
The People Going.
Brandon Harris: What is your opinion on Russia and the US
right now regarding Crimea?
Decent: My Opinion About Russia And The US Right Now
Regarding Crimea Is That It Isn't Necessary But Then Again We Got To Think
About The People Actually Involved In The Situation And How It Is Affecting
Their Lives As Well So I'm Kind Of Neutral Right Now But Anxious To See What's
Going To Happen Next I'm Truly Hoping For The Best.
Brandon Harris: As a person, what do you do on your free
time?
Decent: As A Person My Free Time Revolves Around Music Or
Music Related Activities, I Put So Much Time In My Music That Sometimes I
Forget About The People I Hang Around With But Not Often There Will Be Times
When I Screw Around And Spend Time With My Friends And Family But When I Don't
They Still Support Me And Understand What I'm Trying To Do With My Life As An
Artist.
Brandon Harris: Do you have any crazy fan stories?
Decent: I Actually Do Have One, Kind Of Crazy Fan Story,
There Was This One Female That Loved My Music And She Had Tattooed My Stage
Name (Decent) On Her Lower Back And Showed Me That And A Little Something Else,
No Comment On What Was Shown But It Was Pretty Sexy, But Later On She Had Told
Me It Was Tatted But With Temporary Ink And I Was Kinda Bummed But Hey It Was
Tatted For A Short While.
Brandon Harris: Who do you feel is the best rapper alive?
Decent: I Believe The Best Rapper(s) Alive Is Between Two
Artists, Kendrick Lamar & Tech N9ne. Based Off Of Their Lyricism And Flow It
Is Very Difficult For Me To Make A Clear Decision But I Think They Are At The
Top Of Their Game
Brandon Harris: Any new videos coming out soon?
Decent: There Are A Few New Videos Coming Out Like I
Mentioned Earlier And They Will Be Most Likely With Big Named Artists My Fans
And Others Would Have To Stay Tuned And Trust That They Will Be Amazing.
Brandon Harris: Anything you want to say to
your fans?
Decent: As Far As My Fans Go I Would Like To
Thank Them All For Supporting My Music And Would Like To Say There Is A Song
Coming Out Specifically For My Fans Because I Would Be Nothing But A Voice If
They Didn't Hear Me.
Brandon Harris: Anyone you want to thank?
Decent: I Would Like To Thank Two Of My Day
One Friends Jordan "Vivid" Supnet & Angelino "Ersone"
Ortega-Martinez. Also I Would Like To Thank My Parents Daniel & Julissa
Cerda For Supporting Me In Every Single Way Financially And Musically.




Comments
Post a Comment