Cryptic Wisdom "Official Interview"

Brandon Harris: Man I came across you a few months back, and you just seem to have a sick style. Where did your musical influences come from?

Cryptic Wisdom: I listen to a lot of alternative music when I want to get inspired. Bands like Three Days Grace, Linkin Park, Breaking Benjamin, etc. do the trick. I also listen to Slaine, Vinnie Paz, Fort Minor, Tech N9ne, Eminem, etc. and they always get me pumped. My hooks always have an underlying rock influence to them, though.

Brandon Harris: Your song “Hope You’re Happy” has to be one of the catchiest songs you have out, how did it come about? Where was your head at when you wrote those lyrics?

Cryptic Wisdom: I was sweet on a girl from a very young age. She was my first love. We were too young to understand what it was that we were doing, to understand the feelings that we had. Things didn’t work out and I took it to heart. I carried the pain for years and expressed it through my art. That’s where almost all of those types of songs came from. I can still channel the emotions I experienced during that chapter of my life and apply them to music.



Brandon Harris: What’s it like to be the mastermind behind your own style?

Cryptic Wisdom: It’s beautiful chaos. I’ve worked on my craft for the past 8 years and it’s still constantly evolving. I am growing and developing new talents and ideas with every project that I put out. I’ve only recently started to feel as if I’m coming into my own as an artist, and that feels rewarding.

Brandon Harris: What is your greatest success to date?

Cryptic Wisdom: I released a new EP in August (“One” EP) and it debuted on iTunes at #82. It was also featured as “new and noteworthy” for over 2 weeks.

Brandon Harris: What was it like dropping “One”?

Cryptic Wisdom: It was a rush. I had been searching within myself to put a consistent sound like that together for years, and when I finally realized that particular project was coming together how I had always imagined it, I got excited. All of the songs were very personal to me and I can’t even begin to express how grateful I am that so many people love it as much as I do.

Brandon Harris: When did you know you were going to make a life out of music? When was that moment it all clicked?

Cryptic Wisdom: That moment clicked for me when I released “Hang Yourself” – When people start telling you that your music got them to put that pipe down, that you saved their life, or that you changed their life for the better at all… It all begins to feel surreal, and you start to realize that you matter. You have a purpose.

Brandon Harris: As an artist, where do your see yourself going in the near future?

Cryptic Wisdom: This year is all about building the framework. My team and I are always learning from our mistakes, and now more than ever I am beginning to understand what it takes to be successful in life. I don’t know where I’m going, but I can tell you I don’t see myself losing my passion or drive. I still see myself modernizing a classic sound and reaching people through song.

Brandon Harris: Any tour plans underway?

Cryptic Wisdom: Right now Whitney Peyton and I are preparing to go out on tour in May/June. If you’d like to book the tour in your city, contact David at kingpinbookingagency@gmail.com



Brandon Harris: What is the biggest unknown fact about you?

Cryptic Wisdom: I once stuck my dick in a Jacuzzi jet when I was a kid. I also wanted to be an astronaut growing up.

Brandon Harris: Who is Cryptic Wisdom, as a person?

Cryptic Wisdom: That would be David. He’s a good guy. He’s a little hot-tempered but has good intentions and is learning to be more patient with people. He works hard and values his family very much. He loves video games and books. Lots of books. He talks in third-person when he’s trying to be deep.

Brandon Harris: Any favorite moments as an artist?

Cryptic Wisdom: The first time I stage dove. I was performing with Hopsin in Denver, CO. The crowd was ready. I gave them the signal and they threw their hands up. I took the leap. There was just one problem. I forgot to turn onto my back and everybody ended up with a handful of my junk. Needless to say, the experienced was short-lived.

Brandon Harris: Is there one person whom was there to support you more than anyone else?


black;">Cryptic Wisdom: My grandparents are the reason I am able to do what I do. They are the reason I have so much time to commit to my craft and dedicate my time to this path I’m on. I’ve lived with them since birth, and they never pressured me to give up on my dreams or move on and get a job. I’d be the worst kind of person to forget that, or at least fail to acknowledge it.

Brandon Harris: Anything you want to say to your fans?

Cryptic Wisdom: Yes, thank you for all of the support you have given to me over the years. I am working on a new album called X’s and O’z. It’s my first alternative release and I can’t wait for you all to hear it. Keep your eyes peeled and please never stop spreading Wisdom. More info will be available at www.CrypticWisdom.com


All Rights Reserved Underground interviews 2014
Underground Interviews

Comments